Streamline testing tools for premier cruise line client
Cigniti’s premier client, a large cruise line headquartered in Florida, rolled out a fleet of the three most modern ships in the world. The cruise line commissioned Cigniti to develop web, mobile, and tablet automation supporting the back office, onboard staff, and customers. With multiple applications to write, test, and support, a mix of testing tools was employed, most of which were open-source.
Navigating the diversity of testing tools
- Cigniti employed various tools for different types of testing (mobile, web, API), lacking a unified solution due to tool limitations.
- Managing multiple tools, each with diverse configurations, led to increased complexity and a time-consuming setup.
- Maintenance was ongoing, requiring user-script development.
- Collaboration among testers and engineers was crucial, but finding skilled professionals posed challenges, making test maintenance a significant effort.
The cruise line adopted Katalon Studio and Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE) to address testing challenges. Cigniti chose Katalon due to its unified framework structure, comprehensive capabilities for mobile, web, and API testing, integrations with other CI/CD tools, superior version control, and support for various testing frameworks.
Katalon's ease of use, low-code capabilities, and compatibility with open-source tools like Selenium and Appium were highlighted. It offered a Keyword-Driven approach for faster script creation, cloud platform integration, and end-to-end testing for web, mobile, and API applications.
A unified platform for streamlined testing across applications
A more efficient and enjoyable testing journey
- Katalon's operational simplicity has significantly benefited Cigniti, making it accessible to individuals with limited technical knowledge. The platform’s ease of use and quick learning curve have reduced the testing team's efforts by an average of 50%. Katalon Studio and Runtime Engine have improved testing speed, coverage, and overall productivity for Cigniti.
- The all-in-one solution, comprehensive documentation, strong support, and compatibility with multiple frameworks have streamlined their testing processes, eliminating the need for multiple tools and enhancing efficiency and satisfaction in their testing journey.
More Success Stories
US-based fintech uses Katalon to accelerate the delivery of a software platform that offers low spend limit credit cards for young customers.
Top-tier energy production and management company Eni Plenitude uses Katalon to break down silos, reduce test time, increase quality, and maximize cost savings.
Leading communications service provider Liberty Latin America (LLA) is using Katalon and has partnered with Capgemini to create a consistent testing framework that has saved more than 2,400 work hours.
UK-based insurance provider Saga is using Katalon’s comprehensive quality management platform to speed up development timelines with agile software testing.
GE Digital, a global leader in industrial software, needed to accelerate software quality feedback loops and eliminate silos in their testing process. With the Katalon Platform, they were able to streamline testing processes, enhance their services, and improve their products.
HOSPITAL & HEALTHCARE
By using Katalon Studio for test automation, Care Logistics has significantly reduced costs, freed up staff, and cut down the regression testing lifecycle by 50%.
With Katalon Studio, Hive CPQ can quickly cover all major functionalities of their products in a short amount of time, write end-to-end tests, run test cases smoothly, and more.
Katalon has helped Tunaiku reduce 60% of the time creating automated test scripts with Katalon Studio, and manage automation results with Katalon TestOps.
IT SOLUTIONS & SERVICES
Using Katalon Studio to test APIs and generate API test scripts, Angler was able to save time and cost of detecting bugs in the development p hase and preventing bug accumulation.
IT SOLUTIONS & SERVICES
Katalon Studio has helped System Automation Corporation save 120 hours per month on software testing, and serves as a potential tool for the future testers of the team to adopt.
CARGO & FREIGHT SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
With Katalon, the B. Rekencentra team has a powerful tool for their future expansion and scalable projects. They successfully deliver robust software and create value for customers with a stable and secure development pipeline.