Founded in 2016, Katalon is the leading provider of a modern, comprehensive quality management platform. Katalon Platform enables quality assurance, DevOps, and software teams of any size to deliver world-class customer experiences faster, easier, and more efficiently.
Since its first launch, Katalon has experienced tremendous growth, serving more than 30,000 teams around the globe, many of which are in the Fortune Global 500, such as PwC, KPMG, Abbott, etc. Katalon is recognized as a top automation tool by prestigious review sites, such as G2, Gartner, Capterra, and IT Central Station.
The General Accountant in an accounting department has an exciting, challenging and pivotal role in managing financial data, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting, and contributing to the overall financial health and integrity of the organization. A General Accountant plays a crucial part in maintaining compliance with accounting standards and regulations, providing accurate financial information for decision-making, and supporting the overall financial operations of the company. They are responsible for maintaining financial records, analyzing financial data, and contributing to strategic financial planning. Their role directly impacts the organization's financial stability, transparency, and decision-making processes.
As a General Accountant, your mission includes but not limited to:
- Ensure all accounting activities of the company are recorded properly according to the US GAAP and to company requirements.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly separate and consolidated financial statements.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices are paid accurately and following US GAAP and internal policy.
- Supervise accounts receivable & ensure the proper and timely recognition of all revenue, sales, and expenses.
- Handle fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses and tax matters.
- Review and file all accounting and tax documents.
- Coordinate with auditors for year-end financial reports and with tax consultants for tax filings as well.
- Partner with other departments to ensure that they adhere to all accounting guidelines and compliance requirements.
- Provide coaching, training, and guidance to team members to develop their skills and improve departmental performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, ACCA is a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background, USGAAP knowledge is a big plus.
- Proven 4-5 years of experience in a relevant field, preferably in a global context or experience working in a startup, scale up or tech company.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, international accounting standards, and best practices in global operations.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Proficiency in using Excel, experience with Quickbooks Online, Power BI is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast‐paced, professional environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, with strong verbal and written and communication skills.
- Leadership and team management skills with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.
At Katalon, we bring together self-starting, open-minded, and talented people while actively promoting a transparent and growth-enabling working environment. But don’t just take our word for it. Take a better look below!
- Attractive compensation package: Embrace periodic performance and 13th-month bonuses;
- Generous time-off: Enjoy 19 annual leave days, supportive allowances, and public holidays;
- Flexible work arrangements: Tailor your work to your needs by applying our hybrid working policy together with high-end working equipment;
- Vibrant international workspace: Fostering an Agile Culture at Viettel Building, D.10, HCMC;
- Premium healthcare coverage: For both you and your loved ones;
- Exciting company events: Embark on summer trips, annual parties, team-building activities, and so much more fun are waiting for you.!
Katalon is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We care about our people and celebrate our differences. We want to work with talented, collaborative, and innovative people. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law.