Founded in 2016, Katalon is the leading provider of a modern, comprehensive quality management platform. Katalon Platform enables quality assurance, DevOps, and software teams of any size to deliver world-class customer experiences faster, easier, and more efficiently.
Since its first launch, Katalon has experienced tremendous growth, serving more than 100,000 users across 30,000 teams of all shapes & sizes, many of which are in the Fortune Global 500, such as PwC, KMPG, Abbott, Standard Chartered, etc. Katalon is recognized as a top automation tool by prestigious review sites, such as Gartner, Capterra, and IT Central Station.
Katalon is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. For more info about Katalon, please visit https://katalon.com
As a Research Associate, you are a key member of the Software Engineering Research team focused on studying, developing, and evaluating novel solutions and techniques for test automation and software engineering in general. These novel solutions and techniques are likely to be AI-enabled. As such, you are expected to possess foundational knowledge and skills in both software engineering (especially software testing) and AI/ML.
From the science & researching perspective, you will contribute to writing and publishing research results in form of papers in conferences and journals, technical reports, articles, and blogs in software communities. You will also be leading research projects and serving as an expert in AI/software automation for Katalon:
- Study and evaluate the state-of-the-art approaches to software testing, especially those employing AI/ML.
- Propose, develop, and evaluate novel approaches to software testing, software automation.
- Develop and integrate AI-enabled features into the existing Katalon’s products.
- Write and publish technical results in the form of scientific papers, technical reports, articles, and blogs.
- Deliver technical talks at conferences.
- Collaborate with researchers in and outside of the company.
- Other research-related activities.
- Having a strong foundational knowledge of software engineering and AI/ML.
- Experienced in proposing, building, and evaluating AI/ML-based models such as neural networks and heuristics.
- Having interests in applying AI/ML approaches to software engineering problems.
- Having a track record of modeling using Python, Java, R, or other languages.
- Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with presenting and explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent English communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with vast work experience OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related area.
- Having a track record of the research and publication process (e.g., having published papers on related topics in conferences and journals).
- Experienced in applying AI/ML approaches to software engineering.
- Experienced in software test automation.
- Holding a Master's or Ph.D. in computer science, software engineering or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in the software industry.
At Katalon, we bring together self-starting, open-minded, and talented people while actively promoting a transparent and growth-enabling working environment. But don’t just take our word for it. Take a better look below!
- Attractive compensation package including achievable Quarterly Performance Bonus (modeled at 120% gross monthly salary) and 13th-Month Bonus
- 19 Annual leave days and other supportive allowances
- Flexible working time and place together with high-end working equipment at the high-class new office at Viettel Building (Dist. 10, HCMC)
- Diverse & International Working Environment with Agile culture
- Premium healthcare package for you and your loved ones
- A company trip every summer, an annual year-end party, team-building activities, and so much more fun are waiting for you!
Katalon is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We care about our people and celebrate our differences. We want to work with talented, collaborative, and innovative people. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law.