Leveraging Self-healing Mechanisms for Automated Testing on the Katalon Platform
The use of artificial intelligence and smart features in test automation is one of the latest trends dominating the quality assurance industry. A recent world quality report survey showed that 21% of IT leaders said that they are implementing AI in some form or another in their testing methodologies, while only 2% said that AI has no part in their future planning.
With that being said, it's easy to conclude that AI-powered and smart features will have a significant impact on test automation in the coming years. Since faster product releases and great customer experiences define a business’s success, it has become imperative for companies to test their software applications before going to market.
In this webinar, we will discuss the benefits that testers can benefit from by leveraging smart features in Katalon like Self-healing. Key points to be discussed include:
- Katalon Studio Self-healing Mechanism:
- Introduction to Self-healing mechanism in Katalon Studio
- Fixing Broken Objects and Understanding Self-healing mechanism at TestCase Level
- How Self-healing mechanism works at the Test Suite collection level in parallel and Series execution
- Selection and Prioritization of Element Locator Methods for Self-healing
- Self-healing Object Exclusion and Broken Object Replacement
- Self-healing with Relative XPaths & CSS Selectors
- Self-healing with Image selector method
This webinar will explain how the Self-Healing mechanism works in automation testing, when the application under test (AUT) changes, object locators might be broken or unable to identify the target element. Hence, creating and using correct, resilient locators are crucial to the success of Web UI test automation.